what I'm up to these days
What do I do right now?
I'm finishing my PhD at the University of Toronto. I had been ambitiously aiming to graduate August 2020, but with my neuroimaging research on hold due to COVID, my new estimate is wider: December 2020 to August 2021.
I study meta-awareness and attention for my primary PhD work. See my about page for more on that.
I also study psychedelic microdosing and published some of the first research on the topic. We had hoped to begin our clinical trial in summer 2020; stay tuned. I also consult for a mushroom life-sciences company called Cybin.
I did a podcast in December 2019 that's got some background and recent thoughts.
Courses I'm currently engaging
- Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustraitor just for fun
- Machine Learning (Coursera)
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning (Coursera)
- Understanding Imperial China: Dynasties, Life, and Culture
- Transformational Leadership: How Leaders Change Teams, Companies, and Organizations
- Games People Play: Game Theory in Life, Business, and Beyond